Sunday, October 02, 2005

Playing Golf--Small Victories

I made a commitment to golf this season. I decided that it was a great way to spend time with Mike and enjoy the good weather in Atlanta. But I decided that if I was going to play, I was going to play well enough to avoid embarassment on the course, so I have been taking lessons and trying to practice. Typically I hit my driver very well--pretty straight 175 yards to 225 yards, and I hit my irons terribly with a decent short game. Fortunately Mike is very patient, as he is a 10-handicap.

Today was the first time that I have played in 2 weeks and I haven't practiced, so my expectation was low. As is typical for anyone who plays golfing, I hit my irons the best I have hit them all year and could not hit my driver at all.

Hitting 3 pars was my accomplishment today, including a par 3, a par 4 and a par 5. On the 18th hole, I hit my driver, 5-iron and 3 putted for par. Mike laughed for most of the hole, saying, "Imagine what you could've done if you hit your driver well today."

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Yeah, I know how it is. Oh, wait, I don't. Cause I don't have time to spend on the golf course. But that's ok. I'll live vicariously through you. Tell me again about those drivers...

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home