Sunday, November 12, 2006

Burned Out

My academic career during my MBA has left alot to be desired. I haven't been particularly dedicated to it, and I have been contented with only passing grades (so that my company will pay for the classes). I'm disappointed by my performance because in general, I'm interested in the material, the professors are interesting with relevant experience and the other people in my classes are great.

To say I've been busy at work is true, but it's an excuse. If I really wanted it, I would work hard at it. Instead I'm just checking a box. I feel like I need to compensate for my liberal arts undergraduate degree in order to be taken seriously in the business world. I probably do not need to have the MBA, but I feel like it would give me more confidence.

And now because I have been half-hearted about it, I have been in school for almost 3 years, and I still have 6 classes left (1/3 of the program). But I'm too close to being done to stop now, but I'm really tired of it: I strongly dislike group projects--just give me a damn test; don't grade me on class participation because I'm too tired to string a meaningful thought together at 8:45 pm after arriving at work at 7am; and I don't like core classes (cost accounting is resulting in a slow painful death for me).

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Gimmee Cost Accounting over Microecon anyday! I remember so little of it that I cannot even make a dumb joke here.

By the way, my account prof said as an MBA you only need to knwo enough to know when to call your accounting department.
Hang in there!!!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home