Sunday, August 05, 2007

Summer Update

Further proving my non-existent blogging career, I haven't posted in a long time. Is anyone still reading?

The house is still on the market--5 months, and I am starting to give up hope. Mike remains positive, but I think we should just settle in. I have decorated the new house 100 different ways in my mind, and I now carry a terrible contempt for our current house; I just want to move on. Am I asking so much? I also tell Mike that maybe it’s a sign. Maybe we should not buy a new house in Atlanta but we should live here until we are ready to move back to Buffalo. Wishful thinking on my part…

The dog is getting big; he'll be a year old in a month. He has a great personality; really curious and friendly. He can be a little too energetic at times, but he's sweet around kids. He reminds me a lot of Skittles--very nosy and squats to pee. I am still lobbying for a second though.

Mike won his first Amateur Tour golf tournament, and no one was more surprised than he was. He assumed his score didn’t win, so he left right after and found out a week later when he checked on line. Unfortunately he could not bask in the glory of the moment, but I took him out for dinner.

Did I mention that it is hot here? August is the worst time in Atlanta. It’s 100 degrees at 9 am and approximately 90% humidity, so between staying cool and praising my husband’s golf abilities, I don’t have time for much else.

I have a final exam on Tuesday, and then I am 3 classes away from finishing my MBA. I should be done in December. I don’t know what I will do with my free time. I tell myself that I should blog more, cook more, take the dog to the dog park, read more books and go to the gym. Probably won’t happen, but I tell myself that. More wishful thinking …

Mike won his first Amateur Tour golf tournament

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I can relate to fantasy decorating. In our house, I refuse to paint, as it would cede the point that we will be here for a few years!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home