Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Crushed

So the cat is out of the bag ... Scott & Leah are moving with my three favorite little boys back to CT. I don't have anything inherently against CT ... I did live there for 2 years and I've got some good friends who are still there. But excuse me while I curse alot about the fact that IT SUCKS!!!!

It sucks that I can't get in my car and go see these three silly, adorable faces whenever I want; it sucks that it'll be weeks in between seeing them; it sucks that I can't surprise them with three fish to replace the ones they lost in the "october surprise storm" when they get up from naptime.

It also sucks that I can't just go and have a glass of wine with my sister, or meet her after a GNO and have a few drinks and just talk. Or that she can't come over one night to help me take down wallpaper, repair my plaster walls and prime. Who's going to take me to the MAC center the next time I fall on a tiny curb and break my ankle and let me crash on her couch for 2 days recovering?

And then there's my favorite brother-in-law ... who's been there for me in more ways than I can even begin to desribe.

All ... leaving. And I'm leaky and sad. I know that it's not "permanent" and forever, but who knows. This city needs alot of help and if they don't pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get their act together ... I can't even think, let alone talk about it.

I love you guys ....

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

"leaky and sad" is a pretty accurate description. I'm still too pissed off about the circumstances to describe my sadness as eloquently as you did. We'll just have to keep leaning on each other for the wine drinking/wallpaper stripping/MAC center taking/fish replacing. And of course, take many, many road trips.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

I am holding you all to the road trips!!! I'm going to miss my sisters the most!!! Our house is only a home with our family in it, so come often and stay long! Love you.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home