Friday, August 22, 2008

Book Club

I love to read ... always have ... I've always kind of leaned more towards the macabre (Stephen King, etc) for some reason. I have very fond memories of reading Edgar Allen Poe with the curtains drawn in the middle of the afternoon after school, scaring the bajesus out of my friend Melissa & her little sister Connie. Don't ask me why I remember these things but I do!

I also remember one time coming across "Helter Skelter" in the house somewhere ... and being genuinely interested in reading it. I was oh, I don't know, maybe 10 .... yeah, that didn't happen whenever one of my parents realized it was in my possession.

Anywho ... So last week when Esther was telling my mom & I about the book club she's in ... I immediately thought how fun it would be to be in one!! Even though a few years ago, bridget and i did join one when we lived in CT. That didn't work out so well. But I'm SURE that if we started one now ... it would totally work!!!

Who's in?!?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Book club was a good idea that we took too far. Perhaps the issue was that we also signed up for a yoga class and some other random class (cooking maybe)--nothing like taking something to the extreme.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

That was definitely the problem ... we got in over our heads and joined too many things at once.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home