Monday, September 01, 2008

Disney World

Please note- this is a big moment for me: Not only am I blogging, I'm doing it within 4 hours of arriving home from a wonderful weekend in Orlando. This is also momentous for me; I don’t really like Florida (hot, sticky, too many pastel colors) and I’m not crazy about Disney World (I don’t like crowds or cartoons).

After dropping the little dog off at the kennel (despite her trying to jump out of the car window moving at 40 mph), we drove down on Friday. Correction: Mike drove. I napped, played with the dog, talked a bout my week at work and broke Mike’s computer. At 8pm, we arrived exhausted; Mike from actually exerting effort and me in sympathy for Mike.

It rained on Saturday, but we were able to spend some quality time at MGM (correction: Hollywood Studios). Then Saturday night, we went to an amazing seafood dinner. Then to see Cirque du Soleil and loved it. Truly amazing. I honestly don’t know how they do that with their bodies. I had to go to the bathroom during the whole performance, so I wasn’t 100% mesmerized, but it was incredible none-the-less and worth walking through the rain for 15 minutes to see. I had a little ticket scare when I looked at my confirmation email while standing in the Will Call line 30 minutes before the show. Email stated that they could release my tickets if I didn’t pick them up more than 60 minutes before the show. Just in case, I spent the entire time in line working up exactly what I would say and how I would defend my position when they told me I couldn’t have my tickets, and I WAS READY—LET ME TELL YOU. I was not prepared when the ticket booth guy handed me my tickets and said, “Enjoy the show” with a huge smile on his face. I stood stunned and couldn’t even thank him I was so shocked that he HADN’T TRIED TO SCREW ME OUT OF MY TICKETS!!!

Sunday, we went to Magic Kingdom and back to MGM for a ride we missed (the new aerosmith roller coaster which is AMAZING). Then we saw Blue Man—hilarious and entertaining, and then in honor of Gina, we ate at the NASCAR café at Universal.

Today, we drove home. Correction: Mike drove. I did more of the above and talked on the phone.


Post a Comment

<< Home