Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Paper

One of my all-time favorite movies is So I Married an Exe Murderer, starring Mike Myers who is absolutely hysterical. The movie is certainly lacking in some areas but cracks me up to no end every time I watch it.

One of my favorite scenes has Mike Myers sitting with his Scottish mother discussing his most recent breakup and she cites a story in "the paper" .... to which Mike Myers' character says something to the effect of "Mom, I find it very funny that you refer to the Weekly World News as "The Paper" and talks about it's lack of factual content. She goes on to show him "the paper" and reads the absurd headline of the day.

I am sad to report that The Paper is no longer .... it has been shut down

1 Comments:

Blogger jules said...

"Head! Head! Get out of the way! I swear that thing's got its own weatha system!"

I LOVE that movie!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home