Monday, January 30, 2006

Slumps

I work with 3 other people--2 are directors (with volume targets) and 1 is an associate director (along with me). We all have a great working relationship, even though our styles vary significantly. I am fortunate because the 2 directors have been in their positions for 8+ years, so they have lots of experience and industry knowledge from which to learn. However, all of us are pretty intense personalities, so it can get a bit difficult around our office at times.

We are in a bit of a slump, even as a team. We don't have any deals signed up right now, which is the first time since I have been here (2 years), and it is a bit depressing. I know sales is kind of an ebb and flow situation, and that once we have one deal, it will generate great momentum, but it's feeling very depressing around here right now.

Now I do have some prespective... This slump is not as bad as, let's say, the conflict in the Middle East or world hunger, but it effects my day-to-day life, so it's what I'm thinking about right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home