Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Fun Facts

We have an internal instant message system in my office, and after 2 years, we finally convinced my boss to start using it. I figured he would just log on and maybe occassionally instant message with the underwriters in other offices. Instead I have seen a whole new side to the normally introverted man who sits in the office next to me, says a cordial hello in the morning and then very little that is not work related. Everyday now he plays a guessing game with me about various topics, including:

-Do you know the most popular Girl Scout cookie?
-Do you know how big the real estate market is?
-Do you know how big the stock and bond markets are?
-Did you know that Christopher Reeves' wife died?
-Do you know how many people have visited to the Atlanta Aquarium so far?
And so on ...

Yesterday he even sent me a sarcastic, funny message when we were on a company-wide conference call and someone suggested "more retirement parties" as a way to boost morale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Ask him if he knows how many Spam messages are sent each day.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Mike Garvey said...

Wow, haven't seen one of those in awhile. I'd hoped spam users had realized how dumb a system it is by now.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home