Friday, February 17, 2006

Smarty pants

Last weekend I brought Sam to see his first movie, Curious George. He has been one of my all-time favorites for as long as I can remember and Sam has taken to the complete works of Curious George that I was given as a gift from John a few years ago. I love this book! It has every single George story ever written, all in one place...it's great!!

So Sam loves George too....a man after my own heart. When I heard the movie was coming out, it seemed only natural to take him on an adventure to see it. So I go and pick him up and we head out. We got our tickets and headed to the snack bar for some M's. He picked out a tube of mini-Ms and we headed into the theater. We find a seat - the first one he comes across - and wait for the movie to start. When it finally began even I was excited!! I asked Sam if he wanted to open his Ms and he said no. We watch George make his way from the jungles of Africa to the big city to find the man with the yellow hat (Ted). And George, ever curious, gets in loads of trouble. I ask Sam again....want me to open your Ms? No thank you is the reply. On we go.....George gets in more trouble, flying away w/ a bunch of balloons from the zoo. At this point, Sam is fiddling and playing around w/ the tube of Ms so I ask him again....did you want those open?

Again, the answer is no.......and then he says to me "Gina, that is the third time you have asked me that and it is the third time I have said no..." Um, ok...nevermind...I just got a talking to from my 3 1/2 year old nephew. I've been put in my place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home