Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

For years there have been 3 tasks that I have wanted to complete but have always been pushed back due for whatever reason. This year my New Year's Resolution was to finally complete these tasks, whatever it took, and little did I know that it would be so complicated:

1. Have wisdom teeth pulled. My appointment is scheduled for tomorrow, but my husband has been choosen as a juror for a rape, incest, battery and terrorism trial, so I have no one to take me. I have already rescheduled once due to a work commitment. These suckers apparently don't want to go.

2. Become a confirmed Catholic. I do go to church regularly and find comfort in the faith, so I should make myself an honest woman. Oops--I'm married outside of the church which is a mortal sin. And did I mentioned that my husband is divorced, so another sin. I'm not sure exactly what kind of time and penance it will take to even begin to qualify to start the confirmation process, but it probably won't be until 2007.

3. Learn to drive a car with a manual transmission. Mike is probably getting a new car this year, and he wants a manual, so I'm hopeful that this one might happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home