Thursday, February 02, 2006

First Date

3 years ago yesterday I had my first date with my husband. I was an hour and a half late because I am not very good with directions (large, large understatement). The restuarant was in a no cell zone, so I had to find the number to the restaurant while lost and call him there. Fortunately he waited...

Then I was so nervous that I drank 2 gin and tonics before dinner. Then when we sat down, Mike said, "I want an exclusive relationship," or something to that effect, so instead of saying, "How about we get to know each other a little better before we make that decision" or "Do you think it's a good idea to wait until we don't work in the same office," I proceeded to drink the bottle of wine he ordered--I didn't want to be confrontational that early in the relationship. Also I did not eat due to nerves, so I was saying lots of pretty things after dinner.

The only smart things I did were making Mike hold my hand and having him take my keys.

But we were unseparable after that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Where to start . . .

Nope, I'm gonna keep it all to myself. Except to say that Leah's and my relationship was congealed by copious amounts of alcohol as well.

The first and second time.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home