Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Long Time

I haven't had much to write lately, and I'm not sure why. When my draught started, I was busy with visitors and many trips to the aquarium (all of which were lots of fun, and I want more visitors as soon as possible), then I was stressed with a reorg at work (and not in a very happy mood), and then most recently, I'm not sure what is going on, but I am being lazy.

Mostly, I've been playing golf and poker, and I have finally decided to stop being lazy and go back to school. I'm half way through and need 9 classes to finish. My account is inactive, so I haven't registered for the class yet, haven't bought the book and don't know if I have homework for Monday, but I'm determined not to let it overwhelm me.

On my flight today, I sat next to a soldier on her way home from Iraq. She hasn't seen her son in a year, and when I thanked her for serving, I was fighting back tears and feeling totally inadequate because a "thank you" did not seem like remotely enough for everything she has sacrificed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

If you meant to make me cry, it worked.

I'm going to hug my boys.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home