Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy Days

I love weddings ... I always cry and always have a great time at the reception. They're just by nature beautiful events.


This past weekend, my best friend got married. Sarah and I first met in the elevator on our way up to our room as freshman, at Northeastern but living at another local college (don't ask). I've realized that that was 11 years ago! 11 years have gone by ... wow ... and we've been through ALOT in those 11 years as most friends do. We've seen each other through alot of ups and alot of downs ... boyfriends, friends & coming & going, among many, many, many other things. We've been there for each other through alot. So when she asked me to be a bridesmaid (never a bride) I was honored. She picked amazing dresses and shoes, date (10/6) and location.


So on Saturday afternoon we all gathered together looking as beautiful as I've ever seen us ... most especially the bride (Dress = AMAZING) ... and we got Sarah & George married! In 10 minutes I cried my little eyes out and then went and partied like a rockstar along with the rest of the weddings guests. We danced to this cool jazz band from New Jersey with the movenist, shakenist 70 year old band leader/trumpeteer I've ever seen. They were able to put a New Orleans twist on pretty much any song you could think of ... and we danced and danced and danced!


At one point though it did rain (boo) but it was while we were all safely tucked away under the tent having fun and drinking champagne (more than the bartender had ever seen consumed at a wedding there, hehe) so the rain was alright ... it cooled the night off perfectly and made the pesky humidity go away. And then the clouds moved away too and the sun came back out .... and there, at the end of the dock just 100 or so feet in front of our tent, was the most spectacular rainbow I've ever seen. It wasn't just high in the sky, it literally ended at the dock. If that's not a blessing and/or good luck, I don't know what is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home