Thursday, October 04, 2007

Out of my Mouth

I am really trying to think before I speak-I try to have a filter and try to consider the adudience and how sensitive to they my be to my straightforward nature. I've learned the hard way that offense is an unintended consequence of not only what I say but how I say it.

All that being said, I was at lunch last week with my boss who is also a friend at a restaurant that we go to regularly. We had a server who was new to us though was very experienced. This I know because he told us the Reader Digest version of his life story (which is still too long) in the 5 times he came to the top between sitting us and bringing the food. When he finally came with the food (which had been very delayed for a non-server related issue), he added that real estate is a cool profession that he has always wanted to get into for the following 10 reasons which I did not hear. Apparently halfway through the list, I said to this very nice but over-eager server, "Ok. See ya." My tone was very matter-of-fact, not rude, as I was told later because I don't remember saying it.

Can't take me in public, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I love the part where you don't remember it!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home